The PETRAS National Centre of Excellence for IoT Systems Cybersecurity is delighted to host an online briefing on the
Future Challenges of IoT Cybersecurity in UK Industry Sectors on 18 December 2023 | 10.00 – 11.00
This event will provide an opportunity to discuss the findings of the PETRAS report on the challenges to the integration of IoT-based solutions in the UK industry sectors and how academic-industrial research collaboration can help in addressing the challenges.
The report consolidates findings and recommendations from a series of industry-specific workshops attended by leaders in academia, industry and the public sector with case studies from cutting edge PETRAS research projects.
Key conclusions from the report include:
- Adoption of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is becoming increasingly common in a wide range of UK sectors, but several barriers remain before it is fully accepted as an integral component for any organisation looking to maximize its potential and progress
- The UK should seek to lead the development of prescriptive IoT cybersecurity policies and regulations for UK industry sectors. In this regard, the government needs to take action both domestically and internationally
- A national centre, such as PETRAS, should be adequately resourced to act as a nexus for stakeholders in industry, academia, civil society bodies, and the public, as well as regulators to identify issues such as regulatory gaps and co-create solutions to address them.
- 10:00 – 10:05 – Welcome from Chair: Professor Julie McCann
- 10:05 – 10:15 – Report findings and recommendations: Dr Gideon Ogunniye
- 10:15 – 10:50 – Panel Discussion and Q&A [30 mins for panel discussion and 5 mins for Q&A]. Download the Panellist Bios here.
- Ian Gardner (IBM)
- Evan Jones (Complete Cyber)
- Paula Livingstone (BP)
- Matilda Rohde (BSI)
- 10:50 – 11:00 – Closing remarks from PETRAS Director: Professor Jeremy Watson
- 11:00 – Event close
Findings from this event will help to shape further work – looking to create more applicable and impactful insights in IoT cybersecurity.
Please contact us at PETRAS@ucl.ac.uk if you have any questions relating to this event.