PETRAS Securing the Future Event: Nurturing Research Ecosystems
Why Academic-Industry Collaborations are Critical to IoT Cybersecurity
Date: Thursday 1 December, 2022 Time: 10:00-14:00 Click here to register
The PETRAS National Centre of Excellence for IoT Systems Cybersecurity is delighted to announce our next online PETRAS Securing the Future Event: Nurturing Research Ecosystems – Why Academic-Industry Collaborations are Critical to IoT Cybersecurity on 1 December 2022 10:00 – 14:00. This event will focus on hearing from PETRAS’ valued industry partners, providing them with the opportunity to share their experience and discuss current and future challenges across the fields of IoT and IoT cybersecurity. In turn we aim to give our academic community insights into their research interests. Join us for an interactive and engaging event where you will:
- Hear from our 1st keynote Sarah Sharples, DfT Chief Scientific Adviser, on why research ecosystems and collaborations are mutually beneficial for government, industry and academia,
- Hear from our 2nd keynote Fiona Strens, Professor of Practice and CEO, on how research ecosystems can support academic-industry collaboration,
- Learn about current and emerging policy and technical challenges of businesses in interactive panel sessions with panellists from DCMS, NCSC, National Highways, Forescout Technologies, and Siemens,
- Hear from project presentations on cybersecurity policy and technical solutions, and
- Build connections across our network of 100+ researchers, industry technologists, business leaders, policy makers and government officials.
We will keep you updated as we confirm details of the programme and please note this may be subject to last minute changes. See programme details below.
Please find the speakers’ bios below.
Please note that the programme may be subject to last minute changes.