HEALTH-I focuses on integrating humans into the IoT ecosystem. We focus on using crowdsourcing to openly and transparently improve the trust of devices, data sources, and privacy issues related to data sharing within an IoT system. Working inline with the themes of Human factors in IoT security and safety, and achieving better understanding of the social impact of secure IoT, we draw on embedded crowdsourcing approaches to complement the current state-of-the-art in trust management, and context-aware privacy management framework for heterogeneous data streams generated. We will work with existing PETRAS user partners including, CityVerve, as well as new partners such as Southampton City Council. The research conducted will contribute to improving cybersecurity in IoT systems, with deliverables which include deployable services and methods for crowd integration.
Target Outcomes: The following are the projected deliverables of the project.
- Academic publication investigating current approaches and opportunities for integrating crowdsourcing services within IoT ecosystems, and integrating humans factors in IoT data pipeline.
- IoT Trust Framework which incorporates crowdsourcing as a component for assessing device and metadata authenticity and ranking.
- IoT Privacy Framework that provides crowd-based privacy support for sharing data in various contexts.
- Crowdsourcing services for user partners’ IoT Platform. We will work directly with our user-partners to deploy our services on their relevant test-bed environments.
- Proof of concept user interface for user and device privacy profile for data sharing.
- Final results of user studies, recommendations and guidelines for user and academic partners in PETRAS hub.